Friday, February 25, 2011

Come on Dan!

I need Dan to get a Facebook page.

I want us to be married in an official social network sense.

I want one of those little red hearts.


Why does he begrudge me a little red heart? He is selfish, that is why. Well, that and the fact that he would rather set his hair on fire than waste his time reading about what you ate for lunch. I, on the other hand, would love to know what you had for lunch and what you are planning for dinner. Hey, while we are at it how about a picture of that new hair do?

Lots of other husbands and male type humans have Facebook accounts. Even a few of his coworkers are my FB buddies. I am almost positive that is how most of my smack talking gets back to him, but he could read it himself if he would just sign up. I keep asking. He keeps declining. I try to show him just how much fun it would be, but he would rather shoot at our wii with his little zapper and yell at people who don't exist.

I guess I am relegated to loneliness on FB. Sometimes I catch him leaning over my shoulder trying to read what I am posting or reading posts from the other faithful members. I yell at him that he could easily get his own profile and then show him examples of other dudes who participate.

No dice.

I think I will eventually get him to sign up. I usually get my way. I am quite persistent and patient. I will have to start rumors about him or something until he is forced to get a profile just to bust me. I WILL have one of those little hearts and a picture of my husband on there. It just seems like I am desperate and made him up. We are an unwed FB couple and it kills me. He reads my blog though. Maybe this little rant will convince him of just how important his lack of FB presence is to me. Come on Dan! Stop being so stubborn and proclaim our love in cyber space! It will set you free!

Now I gotta convince him to by me a kindle. I got a lot of convincing to do it appears. First things first though. Maybe if he gets me a kindle I will shut up about FB........or maybe not.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Create him one! He will have to use it if you start friending his friends and talking FOR him..especially if you don't tell any of them you're being covert!

Anonymous said...

I totally made my husband a Facebook page. Then I gave him the link to it and said, "here, it's your facebook page -- use it if you want to.... or don't -- but it's yours." Something about it being there made him start using it. And I got my little red heart. :o)