Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Shake that

I hate to admit it but I have caught the Zumba bug. As much as I detest anything trendy I could roll my eyes no longer after last week's aerobic adventure. It was SO MUCH FUN.

I know, I know

Everybody and their sister is doing zumba. Everybody and their cousin is posting about it on the facebook and pinterest.

I know.

But let me tell you, there has never been a better excuse to shake your backside in the name of fitness. Its like a club, but in a gym and in my sanctified state clubbing is a thing of the past. I do miss the dancing, deep in my heart. So now there is an outlet for the tiny dancer inside me. (yes I do love Elton John thanks for noticing)

My friend is super good at it too. SHE has hips. Now I have an ample everything else, but what I do not have is hips. I don't know if you are aware, but hips are the main ingredient in latin dancing. She has the perfect dancing hips and she knows how to work 'em. If I were to somehow receive hips from on high I would most certainly need a booklet or instructional video to master the sway and pop that my friend achieves with hers.

It is a beauty to behold.

And I do. The class is so packed and I am so short that if I don't watch her backside I am more lost than Dan the man in the mall. At least when I watch her I can perform some interpretation of the correct moves. I do have rhythm, you know. Just not hips

So I am gonna go again tomorrow and try not to dislocate anything as I compensate for my lack of womanly shape. I will have a blast as long as I don't look in any mirrors or through the giant window. There are gawkers ya'll. Big meat head gawkers, but I am not worried. They aren't looking at me. They are checking out my friend!

No comments: